Hip dysplasia among dogs is mostly hereditary. Among the several ways of treatment using a hip dysplasia brace is quite mentionable.
Being a dog lover myself, I have come across several dogs suffering from hip dysplasia, it is most common in larger dogs. While there is a wide range of hip dysplasia braces available it is hard to come across ones that actually get the job done.
For years I have been researching and looking for the best possible hip dysplasia brace. Having a dog myself who suffers from hip dysplasia, these hip dysplasia braces helped me out a lot.
I bring to you this dog hip dysplasia brace reviews with my top 2 best hip dysplasia braces after years of searching so that you get the best value for your money without spending too much time researching on your own.
In this article, I will compare the Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace with the Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace in detail.
In case you do not prefer to go through the entire review let me just mention that in my opinion, Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace is the better choice, even though it is slightly more expensive than Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace, for Dogs with Hip Dysplasia it weighs less, and looks better on your dog alongside the added comfort.
You can continue reading for a further breakdown of the two hip dysplasia braces in order to see what you would personally prefer for your dog.
2 Best Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace: Comparison Table
Hip Dysplasia Brace model
|Manufacturer||Item weight||Item package dimension||Price|
|Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace||HandicappedPets.com||13 ounces||12.76 x 6.89 x 3.58 inches||Check Price|
|Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace||Ortocanis||14.3 ounces||13.07 x 7.28 x 3.27 inches||Check Price|
1. Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace
Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace is a canine hip brace that uplifts and supports your dog’s hip if it suffers from hip dysplasia. It helps your dog to feel normal and allows it to move freely without pain. The Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace comes in four different sizes so it fits a wide range of dogs.
Specifications of the Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace
|Item weight||13 ounces|
|Dimensions||10 x 7.5 x 3 inches|
|Package dimension||122.76 x 6.89 x 3.58 inches|
- Support along with comfort- lifts the hip taking away the extra weight, this not only provides more stability to your dog but also provides comfort, helping the healing process.
- Allows your dog to move around freely– It uses the combination of compression and support and allows your dog to play around being relieved. Walking, running, and even playing? Just name it.
- Simple to use and clean– you can just easily put on the brace using a chest harness on your dog within minutes. For cleaning the brace, you can just hand wash it using a sponge or cloth as often as you prefer.
- Extremely safe and portable– as it weighs 13 ounces only you can carry it anywhere and everywhere. Moreover, as it provides visible brace straps that go around the chest with the harness putting the hips and legs in place there is no risk of any sort.
- Provides support
- Provides comfort
- Helps healing process by treating dysplasia
- Come in different sizes
- Does not come with a harness so you will have to buy it additionally in order to put it on your dog
2. Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace
The Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace, for Dogs with Hip Dysplasia, are hip dysplasia braces from the brand Ortocanis and are manufactured by Ortocanis. This brace is used by dogs undergoing hip dysplasia as it relieves pain and provides support for the dog’s hips. It also helps with arthritis.
Specification of Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace, for Dogs with Hip Dysplasia
|Item weight||14.3 ounces|
|Package dimension||13.07 x 7.28 x 3.27 inches|
- Satisfies the needs of dogs suffering from mild to extreme dysplasia– depending on your dog’s level of dysplasia the brace can be adjusted. This allows a wider range of dogs to wear this brace because different dogs suffer from different levels of hip dysplasia.
- Also helps arthritis– apart from dysplasia this brace can also be used if your dog suffers from arthritis. So, you can buy it even if your dog does not suffer from dysplasia. One of these braces has multiple uses thus your money will not go to waste.
- Helps keep the hip joint warm– as it keeps the joint warm it reduces any inflammation and relieves pain. Furthermore, it increases blood flow and thus oxygen level. As oxygen circulation increases it boosts muscle activity.
- It prevents muscle atrophy alongside dysplasia
- Relieves pain
- Encourages oxygen circulation
- Reduces inflammation by keeping the hips warm
- Not too many variations in size
How To Buy The Best Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace?
If you still wanna do further research or want to check out more hip dysplasia braces, there are certain factors you have to keep in mind. Below are a few of these factors you have to look into before you buy a hip dysplasia brace for your dog.
Sure, more money can get you more stylish products but make sure you research enough to know if the braces are worth the money. Make sure you are not getting scammed for your money.
A quick tip I follow is before selecting any brace, I do a quick research online to see what the other owners have to say about the brace. It always gives me a good heads-up regarding the product.
The hip dysplasia brace will be put on your dog so it is essential that before anything else your dog is comfortable in it for a long period of time. If your dog is not comfortable in it further complications can occur.
The main job of a hip dysplasia brace would be to support your dog’s hip. Make sure the brace you are keen on getting gets the job done. If it does not get the job done, wearing a brace in the first place would be pointless.
Ease of putting on
As you, the pet parent has to put on the brace on your dog please ensure that it is easy to put on and take off from your dog. You would not possibly want to spend minutes after minutes trying to put a brace on your dog, it will definitely cause frustration if it is too complicated.
While buying a brace make sure enough size options are available. This is because you need to find a brace that fits your dog perfectly otherwise you will not receive the best results. And in this case, the brace would not do any good if it does not fit properly leading to a waste of money.
Since your dog will be wearing the brace most of the time you have to make sure it is cleaned every now and then to maintain proper hygiene. Thus, when buying a brace make sure it is not too sensitive when you are trying to wash it or even too complicated to wash.
When it comes down to your dog, I bet you do not want to compromise. In that case, buying a brace would require proper research, attention, and dedication. Now personally in my opinion the two hip dysplasia braces are the best. Now among these two, you can choose whichever suits best for your dog in your opinion.
If you want to spend more and ensure it fits your dog perfectly you can go for Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace as it comes in a more variety of sizes, it also weighs less when compared and still gets the work done so it is more comfortable.
On the other hand, if you want a slightly less expensive alternative then you can go for Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace. It has multiple uses such as supports your dog’s hip for dysplasia and also helps with arthritis but the sizing options for it are limited. It also encourages oxygen circulation fastening the treatment process.
In conclusion, both work fine but if you want a greater variety in size, increased comfort, and willing to spend a little more then you can go for Walkin’ Hip-EEZ Dog Hip Dysplasia Brace, if not then you can most definitely go for Ortocanis Hip and Back Brace. Both the braces do the job perfectly fine on their own.